Bread dough recipe
1 1/2 cups warm water
2 tsp. yeast
2 Tbls sugar
2 Tbls Oil
Combine these ingredients let sit 10 mins add oil at the end
3 1/2 cups flour
1 tsp salt.
Mix all ingredients adding flour slowly until not sticky. Let rise until double in size. I put it in my warmer to go a little faster. 20-30 mins
Should make 6 good size scones starting with a hand full amount. Or make them a little smaller and flatten out thinner to make more. We like ours thick.
Makes just enough for our family to all have a navajo taco and then a treat too with honey butter and powered sugar.
Chili recipe
Ingredients
- 2 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 5teaspoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon crushed red pepper or 1/4 tsp ground red pepper
- 2 tablespoon dried minced onion and 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1 tablespoon dried, minced garlic and 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 3 teaspoons white sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
I take 1 pound ground beef/turkey this last batch I did half and half because that is what I had. Brown it with an onion and bell pepper. Sprinkle with garlic salt. Add 1 can Tomato sauce when its cooked all the way. Add 1 can of diced tomatoes (it's fun to try different kinds this time I used fire roasted tomatoes) Then add 2 cans of beans which ever you like. I used red kidney beans and chili beans with the flavoring in it. Add the seasoning mixture a little at a time and taste as you go. I end up using it ALL when I DON'T use all the other favored ingredients. When the tomatoes and are justed diced tomatoes and the beans are just kidney beans. It is soo yummy.
This way is cheating because usually you cook your beans ahead of time. Turns out great this way and then you have plenty left over for the rest of the week.
Make chili potatoes
or taco salad
or Chili cheese hot dogs
or chili pop overs
or just a bowl with cheese
Enjoy!
Yummy! Looks delicious!
ReplyDelete